Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My Top 7

Today is a big day. You know why? Because I'm going to share with you my top 7 all time FAVORITE movies ever! I had a top 5, but that wasn't working for me so now it's the odd #7 :) That's just how I roll. (and of course this doesn't count Christmas movies! Lord knows that's a whole other list...)

It's taken me awhile to choose my Top 7 because they have to be perfect and I have to absolutely LOVE the movie for it to be on my favorites list! Although, I only have 2 requirements:
1. I could watch it over and over without getting sick of it.
2. I could watch it over and over and find something new about it that I love every time!
(oddly enough in all of my picks there are scenes that make me laugh really hard and scenes that make me cry, with the exception of #7. I like that.)

#7
Alice in Wonderland
The Disney one! Although, I do love the Tim Burton version as well! The Disney version just has a special place in my heart! It's so fun, crazy and silly that I could just watch it over and over! I don't know why, but I just have this fascination with all things Alice in Wonderland! I just like that none of it makes sense and that's ok!
My favorite scene? The singing flowers! "All in the golden afternoon!"

#6
The Family Stone
This movie is so funny! I love it so much! Their family is so dysfunctional, which means it's pretty darn close to real life! I don't like that they're mean to Meredith, but I do like the fact that they are very protective of one another.
My favorite scene? When Meredith gives everyone their Christmas present on Christmas morning! I cry every time!! It's a sweet moment and I think I might steal the idea :)


#5
Country Strong
I love me some country music and I love me some Garrett Hedlund!! I think this is Gwyneth Paltrow's best movies ever! She's amazing in Country Strong! I love this story, I love the music and did I mention I love Garrett Hedlund?! I don't love the ending, but the fact that Beau and Chiles get back together makes everything ok!
My favorite scene? When Beau and Chiles sing their duet that she wrote "Timing is Everything"!


#4
The Family Man
I've loved this movie for years! I love it because it's message is that the wealthiest man is the one who works a crappy 8-5 job, married with kids, in a bowling league, walks the dog at night in the snow and whose wife is a pro bono lawyer! It's the simple life and it's precious moments that make it so rich.
My favorite scene? When Kate and Jack fight over the last piece of chocolate cake! Now, that's real life!


#3
Down with Love
One of my best friends introduced me to this movie in high school. I came to love Ewan McGregor! He and Renee' Zellweger are so cute in this movie! It's a super fun 60's movie that is seriously so funny! Sarah Paulson is fabulous as well!
My favorite scene? When Barbara and Catcher are in his fake apartment and they kiss for the first time! Then she grabs the tiramisu and leaves!

#2
The Breakfast Club
Breakfast Club is seriously the best! I mean, it just doesn't get any better than this! It's funny and it's real! I love that by the end of the movie they were all friends and had shared about their own screwed up lives.
My favorite scene? Are you kidding me? The end of course!!!
"Dear Mr. Vernon, we accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it is we did wrong, but we think you're crazy for making us write an essay telling you who we think we are.
You see us as you want to see us, in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out, is that each one of us is a brain, and an athlete, and a basketcase, a princess, and a criminal.
Does that answer your question?
Sincerely yours,
The Breakfast Club.


and last but not least..... DRUMROLL PLEASE........
............................................................................
...............................................wait for it.........
...................................................................
.............................................................
........................................................
.................................................
..........................................
.....................................
..................................
.............................
........................
....................
................
............
.......
....
..
.
.
.
.


#1
You've Got Mail
There's really no words. Every single line is absolute genius. This movie holds a special place in my heart. It makes me want to own a children's bookstore! It makes me want to drink cappuccinos! It reminds me of my family. My whole family loves it as much as I do and we love watching it together! Although, if you've never seen it before you might not want to watch it with us! You won't hear a word... Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks absolutely make this movie! They are fabulous! And a little Dave Chappelle, Steve Zahn, Parker Posey and Heather Burns don't hurt either! This movie is home to me and honestly, it doesn't get any better than that.
 My favorite scene? Gosh, I have so many that it's hard to choose, but I think I'll have to go with the dinner party where Kathleen finds out that Joe's last name is Fox... then Patricia and Frank walk over... it's great.
"You know what's always fascinated me about Julius and Ethel Rosenberg is how old they looked when they were really just our age!"

What didn't make my list that are SO close to being "a favorite"?
-Sound of Music
-Wild Hearts Can't be Broken
-Step Brothers (I know. It's all Matt's fault.)
-While You Were Sleeping
-The Proposal
-Just Friends
-Best in Show

I could go on and on for days! I love movies! If you haven't seen any of these movies please, I beg you!! See all of them!! They're so wonderful! And I will do a post about my favorite Christmas movies soon because that's a whole other list...

with love,

No comments: