Monday, January 7, 2013

My Growing Boy

Oh my goodness, I feel like Ryan is growing up so fast! He's changing everyday! Every morning that I get him out of his crib I feel like he has more of a "big boy" face and it's absolutely killing me! Sometimes when I look at him I can really see myself and that is freaky!
He is getting more observant than ever and has really started mimicking what he sees! He loves it when you make a clicking noise with your tongue! You do it to him and he will do it right back! I have a genius baby... what can I say?!
Here he is last week waiting to get his flu shot booster :( He was such a champ and he looks so handsome in his new Christmas clothes! The hat is from his Aunt Melissa (and the rest of the Butts fam), the motorcycle shirt is from Aunt Aimee and Uncle Chris, and the jeans are from Santa! Which are 12-18 by the way... killing me I tell you...
 
A flu shot? NO!!
 Here's some proof of Ryan's recent cuteness! Oh my goodness that face!!

My whole world right here!

The cuteness.
 Last Friday, we had a little play date with my friend Marisa and her son Atticus! This is what Ryan looked like when he woke up that morning:

We had some major work to do before our company!
 Needless to say, I ran around cleaning the house and getting Ryan ready for our friends to come over and play! I love having Fridays off so I can catch up with friends and see their growing babies!

Ryan and Atticus playing on the blanket
 The boys great together for about 2 hours until it was naptime! And Ryan even shared all his new Christmas toys!

Saturday, I went to see Les Mis with my family and it was really good! I enjoyed it, but it was just a little long for my short attention span! Around the 2nd hour I really needed a potty break! Haha
After the movie, Matt and Ryan met us at my parent's house where we had dinner and watched a movie together! And as you can see, Ryan got in some sweet cuddles with his JuJu!

:)

 And lastly, I'll leave you with this lil nugget. I don't know why, but this just made me laugh so hard when I saw it on Instagram. Enjoy.




And in recent news......................
................................................................
...........................................................................

 I've started running.
I know.
FREAK OUT!!
END OF THE WORLD!!

Who would have ever thought? Definitely not me! I hate running and good heavens I still do! But, I enjoy getting outside for a little bit, popping in my headphones and just having a little "me" time! I'll keep you all posted because I know you're just chomping at the bit to see if I stick with it!

(I don't think I've ever posted anything about my post-baby weight loss, but only by the grace of the good Lord above, I have lost 40 lbs since having Ryan! I gained 30 of those pounds while pregnant. I still have a lot of work to do but I finally feel like I'm reaching my goals! Let me tell you, losing baby weight is SO hard! Props to all the moms who lost their baby weight quickly... oh yea and I hate you. Just kidding... not really.)

with love,

No comments: