Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Humbled...

Throughout our relationship and marriage Matt has taught me a lot about love. His love is unconditional and forgiving. The way he loves me is so humbling to me. Today it really taught me a lot about how I love. I don't love like he does! I almost started crying today at work because I realized how amazingly gracious he is when I don't deserve it!
I don't know what I'd do without a husband as wonderful as Matt. He leads me in my walk with Christ to be something more. He's always pushing me beyond myself and that's what I love about him. He teaches me to be the best version of myself and to become a better person. Matt loves me like Christ does even though I don't deserve it.
"Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." 1 Corinthians 13:4


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Riley, I thought I would check out your blog today and was very touched about what you wrote. That has always been my prayer since Matthew was young that he would some day be that type of husband. It means so much to read what you said confirming it. Putting God first as you are doing will only make you grow stronger in your individual life and in your life together as husband and wife. I know the two of you will have a great marriage that will last a lifetime!

Harry Mayer Clothiers said...

That is the sweetest thing!! I need to call and catch up soon, I hope yall are doing well. Just wanted to let you know you got tagged haha! Love yall!