Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Tears and Laughter of a Wedding

When Matt proposed on Saturday, September 29th, 2007, I didn't know anything about planning a wedding. 8 months into the process I would have rather killed myself than look at another piece of tulle, a flower, or dress!
The wedding that we had was a huge blessing. It was more beautiful and amazing then we ever imagined. EVERYTHING went absolutely perfect! It was pulled off without a hitch and was truly a reflection of our personalities (i.e. cowboys boots, cheese dip, fake first dance, etc.). The wedding day is so wonderful, but the prep is what's the pain!
We couldn't have done it without the help of our family and friends. My maid of honor helped me a lot and really encouraged me along the way. I tried to soak in every moment because I knew it would go by fast... and it did! I can't believe that we're now married! This is what I was waiting for all those 8 months!
Throughout those 8 months there were tears of frustration, tears of joy and anxiety, laughter, tension, smiles, and hugs of support and love. It was quite a journey and one that I wouldn't trade for anything! It is so amazing to be loved on through showers, gifts, and wonderful friends!
A wedding brings out the best and worst of people! But, it's ok because you're getting married!! Whoever thought of a honeymoon is a genius...






2 comments:

ChristineWinn said...

I wanted to elope. Still do. Dan's mom did everything really. It was miserable!

Harry Mayer Clothiers said...

Girl, I love the blog!! I got one a few months ago so I could sell my canvases on it but I haven't used it much! You'll have to check it out! I'm calling soon to catch up!