Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Complaints of a Grouchy Neighbor...

Yesterday I came home to a letter on our door that read the following:

"We have received a complaint that there has been consistent barking coming from your apartment. We believe this is probably going on while you are gone. We would appreciate it if you explore options to deal with this issue. We strongly recommend a barking collar. Thank you!"
-Management

Wow. I was so mad that one of our neighbors complained about our dogs! Part of living in an apartment is knowing that you're going to hear your neighbors and their pets! I called the clubhouse and told them what I thought about their little letter... that didn't help much! I went to PetSmart and bought a lot of toys and bones to occupy them while we're away at work. Matt told me not to buy a barking collar because they're really expensive and he thinks they're a cruel way to train our dogs.
We are really frustrated because we pay the apartment A LOT of money for us to be able to have our dogs and then we get a letter when you can hear them! Needless to say we were not happy about that letter and really hope we don't find out who complained on us! I can't wait til our lease is up and we can get a house!


1 comment:

ChristineWinn said...

Wow that's horrible. Dan and I were hanging pictures one Saturday afternoon at 3PM. Our neighbor came and knocked on our door and told us they couldn't take it anymore and that we needed to stop. It was 3PM! Not late or early.
I hate apartment life!