Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Bella May



41 days after we got married Matt and I invested in a puppy... a boxer puppy to be exact. I have always wanted a boxer for as long as I can remember. I think they are such beautiful dogs. I had researched and found a breeder that lives close and was able to hand select Bella two weeks before we picked her up.
We prepared for her as if she was a baby. But, nothing could have prepared us for a puppy (we also have a 7 yr. old black lab, Sadie)! The day we brought her home reality hit that we now had a very large responsibility! All four of us quickly adjusted to one another. Bella and Sadie acted like they've known each other for years and are truly the best of friends... sisters! They play together and have a wonderful companionship.
It is indescribable the joy that Bella brings to my life. I didn't realize how attached and how much that I would truly feel for this dog. She has brought Matt and I so much happiness and laughter that now we don't know what we'd ever do without her! They are like our children! Her loyalty and unending love is what shocked me. No matter what I do (spank her, leave her all day, etc.) she always is genuinely happy to see me and loves on me. I've found that a dog's love is a true testament of unbiased, non judging, unending, genuine love.
I never had dogs growing up so I really didn't know what to expect from raising a puppy, etc. But, I would do anything for her and can't imagine our life without her! We've now had her for a month and are absolutely in love with her!
I would always get annoyed with people that were obsessed with their dogs, but now I understand! I feel like Bella and I have this connection and bond that makes me feel like I'm doing something right by caring for her, loving her and raising her.
It is truly a blessing and a wonderful companionship.

1 comment:

ChristineWinn said...

Aww Your making me not getting a puppy allot harder. THANKS ALLOT! :)