Thursday, August 11, 2011

Worthy is the Lamb

Well, I guess this is sorta like a follow-up post from this one. Not much has changed.

Matt and I are still broken but just this week I feel quite literally split open.

It's hard to write this post but it's important to me. I need to share this process; the ugly parts with the beautiful ones.

Choir started up this week and I am loving our new songs for the Fall. I want to share two in particular that have really spoken to me exactly when I've needed them this week.

Nearer, Still Nearer (if you can find this on iTunes is is beautiful and a capella)
Nearer, still nearer, close to Thy heart,

Draw me, my Savior, so precious Thou art;
Fold me, oh, fold me close to Thy breast,
Shelter me safe in that "Haven of Rest,"
Shelter me safe in that "Haven of Rest."

Nearer, still nearer, while life shall last,
'Til safe in glory my anchor is cast;
Through endless ages, ever to be,
Nearer, my Savior, still nearer to Thee,
Nearer, my Savior, still nearer to Thee.


Worthy is the Lamb (also an amazing song; very powerful)

Thank you for the cross Lord
Thank you for the price You paid
Bearing all my sin and shame
In love You came
And gave amazing grace

Thank you for this love Lord
Thank you for the nail pierced hands
Washed me in Your cleansing flow
Now all I know
Your forgiveness and embrace

Worthy is the Lamb
Seated on the throne
Crown You now with many crown
You reign victorious
High and lifted up
Jesus Son of God
The Darling of Heaven crucified
Worthy is the Lamb
Worthy is the Lamb

It has been perfect this week because I've mostly been in the office by myself and I've really
been able to crank up my music, pull out my Bible and let God speak.

He has brought a few verses to my attention.

Proverbs 19:21
"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails."

The situation that Matt and I are in was once in our control. It is no longer. We are having to
completely rely on God in this situation and I know that's right where He wants us.

I have also found conviction in Habakkuk 3:17-19
"Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop
fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the
stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign Lord is my
strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights..."

I am learning to "rejoice in the Lord" because I know He is always in control. Because I know
that He is bigger than anything Matt and I are going through.

It is currently raining and thundering loud outside. I can't help but constantly be reminded of
God's power. His control. His plans are perfect. I'm not always happy with His plans but I
have to remember that they are perfect and exactly how God wants them.

In His timing.

Once again I can't leave this post concluded because God is never finished with us. I don't know
what's ahead but I do know that it'll be exactly what God wants for Matt and I.



with love,

1 comment:

sara said...

love both of those songs! and you can't go to a better place than God's Word when hurting!!

If you didn't read my blog the other day, you might want to read this post: http://thebowyers.blogspot.com/2011/08/understanding-vs-trust.html

it was my devotion for the day and fits your post.