Saturday, May 23, 2009

One Year Ago Today... May 23rd

One year ago today I was at my Bridesmaid's Luncheon at Pleasant Valley Country Club hosted by 2 of my mom's great friends. It was an amazing lunch and a very special time with my closest friends and family. There was something especially special about my bridesmaid's luncheon that I did for them. When I got up to pass out their gifts (which was a bracelet engraved with their initials and flip flops for the reception!) I read a little paragraph about each girl and what they meant to me! It was very emotional! I don't like talking in front of people and I was crying the whole time but I wouldn't have changed a thing about it! I'm so glad that I did it- I felt like I was thanking them for being apart of my special day and telling them how much I value our friendship. All 8 of them are truly a blessing to me!



That night was the rehearsal! This was actually a little bit crazy- but fun!! It was really when the chaos started because all my out of town relatives were now in town! It was so great to see everyone- cousins, aunts, uncles, grandma, etc! I was so proud to have all my family there! The rehearsal went great... considering there were about 50 people there! And my in-laws gave us an amazing dinner! We had our favorite- mexican!! Since all of my cousins were in the wedding, ALL of my extended family was at the rehearsal dinner. I absolutely loved having them there- I couldn't imagine it without them! There was about 60 at the dinner. After dinner, some people gave toasts and said some really sweet things... there were tears! Haha!









After the rehearsal dinner all of the bridal party and some family went out to get drinks and hang out before the wedding! It was so much fun! I loved it because all of my friends and family that didn't know each other before- we're becoming good friends and hanging out! A great last night before our wedding!!


No comments: