Sunday, October 11, 2009

Weekend Adventures

I can't believe the weekend is already over! I always hate starting another week! This past weekend was fun- I got a lot done! I painted 4 paintings! 2 of them are secret and I will reveal later and the other 2 are ones that are just for decoration for us! Here's some pics:

Bella has discovered the tv! It was so funny! She stood in front of it for almost 5 minutes just watching it and cocking her head! So cute!


Saturday I worked on a lot of paintings. This is a huge canvas that I re-did. I painted over an old painting that I did about a year ago. I am SO inlove with these roses!! It's hanging over our bed :)

Saturday night we went to the state fair! So... I definitely have mixed feelings about the fair! On one side: it's just plain nasty (people and sanitation wise haha), it's in a bad area, it's crowded, it's not safe (once again: people and ride wise haha), it's expensive and the people working it are just weird!! On the other hand: it's a tradition, it's great food, it's all apart of the experience, you ALWAYS leave with a great story, it's fun if you go with fun people, and it's the fair! You have to go! Anyways, we went Saturday night and it was so cold! But no worries, I still got my ice cream :)
Here's a pic of me in front of the farris wheel. (I don't ride any rides! Too scared that they're not secure- they're taken down and put up every month!) I sent Mom and Emma a play-by-play the whole night at the fair via picture text! This one was for them! They love the fair and I felt so bad for them so I let them live vicariously through me for one night!


Here's Matt trying to break the bottles! He and his dad play this game every year! Unfortunately, he didn't break any :( (He would have kept trying but this game was $1/ball! Ridiculous!) He looks cute though...



And here's my favorite part of the fair!! The animals!!!! I LOVED walking through the cattle barns! All of their coats were so pretty! I really wanted to stop one of the farmers and talk to them about having a farm and animals, etc. but Matt didn't wanna stop haha! He didn't understand! I just wanted to make sure that they are good people and aren't cruel to the animals! That's all that matters :) I did find out that they were all local though and I like that. AR needs to learn about and support it's agriculture! Sorry... I'll get off my soapbox now...
Anyways... we walked through this last cattle barn on our way out and it was full of goats, sheep and lamb (don't ask me why it was called the cattle barn?!) When we were walking through they were so close to us and we could just reach out and pet a lot of them! I loved it because I actually got to encounter the farm animals! This was one of the sheep I petted- she was so sweet! I think she could tell I'm an animal rights activist :) I was in heaven! True love....
I think it's amazing how we can experience God through the little things like animals. Me and this little sheep had such a sweet moment... it reminds me why I feel so strongly about fighting against animal cruelty.



Don't forget! November 27th is fur free Friday!
http://www.peta.org/actioncenter/monthly-activism-idea.asp

No comments: