Saturday, October 17, 2009

We bought a house!!!!!!!!!!

Omg Matt and I bought a house this weekend!!!!! We couldn't be more excited!!!

Let me back up... a house is something that Matt and I have wanted for years. Ever since we got engaged and especially since we got married. A house has always been our goal and we knew it would be the next big step that we took together. Recently, we had been talking about really saving up for the down payment and getting serious about looking. Monday I decided to hire a realtor (thankfully we know a family that are realtors!) and start looking. We told her our situation and that our apartment lease is up in May '10 so that's when we'd need to have a house. Long story short she sent us some links and we found some we liked, we went to the bank and took care of things there, gave the apartment complex our 60 days notice, and 6 days later we bought a house!! Yes- it all happened in 6 crazy days!! We started house hunting and talking to bank on Monday and Saturday our offer on a house was accepted and signed! The house we bought was on the market for only 3 days!! God is amazing!
We haven't told anyone about it until today. We wanted to make sure that everything had gone through and was accepted! We close on November 20th!! Here's some pics:










5 comments:

sara said...

so excited for you!

katie said...

Congrats Riley!!! that's so exciting!! you'll have to let me know who you went through! Mom and I are trying to find a house!

Harry Mayer Clothiers said...

Love it Love it Love it!!!!! SOO excited for both of you!!! I CANNOT WAIT to come see it :) And believe me, I will!!

Kitty said...

It's beautiful!!! I'm so happy for ya'll! I love all the beautiful cabinets and storage areas! Beckie sold Rowland and I our first house, too. What neighborhood is your house in? It looked like everything inside was so new!

Riley Hill said...

thanks guys!
kitty: it's in the white oak neighborhood (behind summit church in nlr) and it was built in '96 so it's fairly new!